Thursday, April 17, 2008

More felt



Made more felt.

This one is gray llama mixed with some mohair, and the purple is silk. It has a velco closure across the top, and measures 8 x 7, and the matching little one is 3 x 5. The velcro on the big one catches the fiber from the coin purse, so I'll keep this one for myself. I don't like the velcro, I just happened to have it on hand. I need to get to the "big" city to find some zippers and magnetic snaps.

This one is just folded, I have to put it together. It is natural black alpaca, with purple silk. It will be 5 by 8, with a zippered closure in the lining and maybe a snap on the flap.

Here's the back. It reminds me of birch trees at night, or lightning, or spirits.

That's all I got.

Oh, I replaced my mailbox yesterday. Vandals or a bad or maybe drunk driver had smashed mine. Friends wanted me to get a large mouthed bass mailbox, but I just got your generic shiny black, red flag, rural mailbox. I bet the mailman will be happy; no more risking his hand to squeeze the mail into the smashed mailbox with sharp edges.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Mymymy. That is so very pretty, but I do love the drama of the darker colors. As for the mailbox? That sucks, but there is something about a rural mailbox that just draws destruction like flies to honey.

cornbread hell said...

that last one is way, way cool.

must go catch up on your blog...

Grace said...

I adore the black one. I would definitely buy it, assuming it was reasonably priced (though I don't know what is reasonable since I don't make felt OR sew so I don't know how much work goes into these...). I don't think I've ever seen handfelted things at craft fairs and such, so there is definitely a niche to be filled.

Robin said...

They're beautiful! Love the color combo...
Too bad they don't make sheep or llama mailboxes!

cornbread hell said...

good idea, robin...oh, but *they* do.