I've been busy making prototypes, learning something new from each one I put together. Experimenting with zippers, snaps, buttons, linings. I'm not to the point where I feel I could sell these at full price. On some, the foundation fabric is fraying. I thought the felting process would stop it, but it didn't. I have to come up with a different method of sewing or adding a full lining.
I am going to be offering up these prototypes at $20.00, and thought I'd give you guys first shot. If you're interested, drop me a line at annie at maplecorners daht cahm.
1. Clutch with natural black alpaca with blue silk accents, hook and eye top closure, zippered silver gray floral lining. Measures app 4 by 10.
2. Wristlet with natural brown alpaca, and dyed reds/terra cotta/brick alpaca/wool/silk/nylon blend. Zippered red/multi southwestish lining, wood button flap closure, and measures app 5 1/2 by 7 1/2.
3. Clutch from natural black alpaca/purple silk accents, zippered silver gray floral lining, silver metal button flap closure, measures app 5 1/2 by 7 1/2.
4. Large wristlet from blues alpaca/wool/silk/nylon blend, silver button flap closure, black wool blend zippered lining, measures app 6 by 11.
5. Wristlet of natural black alpaca with blue mohair accents, silver button flap closure, zippered black wool blend lining, measures app 5 by 8.
This next one is going to my friend P who went to Texas with me. It is made from some of the "Texas Memory" colorway suggested by Rick.
On all of these, I have used buttons and fabric from my stash. This one amazes me. Look how well that matches. Oh, and the zipper on this one is from Mom.
I apologize for this commercial interruption. I really do try to keep this space separate from the business website.
A friend is being a vendor at a wool festival near the Cities Mother's Day weekend, and has offered to bring some of my stuff, since I don't think I'll make it this year. (Whine, whine) In other words, off to more experimenting/back to work.