Saturday, April 12, 2008

Randomness, or, I have nothing interesting to say.


One day a couple of years ago, I was weeding a flower bed. I usually leave the little violas/violets/johnny jump-ups in the yard, but pull them from the flower bed. Well, this particular flower bed, anyway.

This is what they normally look like around here.

So there I was, weeding away. Oh look, another johnny jump-up. I reached to grab it, and stopped just in time.

Isn't it gorgeous? I've never seen one like this before. There are two plants of it. It came back and bloomed last year, and I'm looking forward to seeing it again this year. Cinn's colorway reminded me.

Another sign of spring.

The other day, I was driving down a county road, minding my own business, when all of a sudden I had to swerve to avoid hitting a salamander. (Meanwhile, the salamander wrote on his blog, there I was, crossing the road, minding my own business, making good time, when all of a sudden, I almost got hit by a truck!) I stopped and helped it across. The world needs more salamanders. (I also (safely) swerve for wooly bear caterpillars, and worms when it is raining. I cringe and apologize when I can't.)

I know that isn't a salamander in the photo. It was the most salamander-like thing I had a photo of.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I refuse to pull the violets. If it flowers, I tend to leave it alone. I love the white with purple. It's so beautiful. As for the wildlife. I avoid it as much as I can, too. I even try to help turtle across the road. When Grover and I walk, I put the worms back off the pavement.