Monday, July 16, 2007

Am I really doing this?

First things first. I don't promise to be entertaining, witty, funny, insightful, or educational. I started with the idea of having a place to put stories of things that Mom did/said. Anything else is just a bonus. I reserve the right to talk about anything I want here! Generally that could include, spinning, knitting, tri-loom weaving, gardening/homesteading, and caregiving for my Alzheimer's afflicted Mom.

Wow, that sounds harsh. Apparently, I don't like to be categorized.

I'll start with a story about something that happened before she came to live with me. We were having an assessment done by a public health nurse. My sister and I, the nurse, and Mom were sitting in Mom's living room, and the nurse was taking a health history. Most of the questions Mom couldn't answer, but we always gave her the opportunity.

Nurse: "Do you have any female problems?"

Mom: "Yes, I have two right here." And she points to my sister and I.

Alzheimer's has robbed her of much, but her sense of humor and wit is still intact!

No comments: