Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Lucky


I was talking on the phone with a friend the other day slightly after sunset. Our conversation soon became puncuated with "oh!" and "cute!" On the upper pasture,(pictured above) I could see a herd of deer, 7-8? including some youngsters. The young ones were running, twisting and jumping, obviously for the sheer joy of it rather than running away from anything. I was describing this to my friend, and she asked where I was that I could see this. Standing at my kitchen window. The next morning, again looking out that window, the upper pasture was covered with wild turkeys. Times like that I realize how lucky I am to live here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's very lovely. Even when we have beautiful things to look at we sometimes forget to take the time. Thanks for sharing.