Monday, November 26, 2007

Done



This is the pre-felting stage. The book (8 1/2 x 11) is added for scale.
Here it is in the rosy glow of sunrise. I added a magnetic snap and a little pocket on the inside. Finished measurements are 16" at the bottom narrowing to 11" at the top, 10" tall, and 6" depth at the bottom. So all in all, a roomy bag. I am supposed to shave it, but I kind of like the fuzzy look. My friend can shave it if she decides to.
My hay guy is going to drop off a wagon load of hay today for me to unload and stack. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to watch Mom and unload hay at the same time. I'll probably have to get her in the truck and drive it out to the barn so she can sit and watch me. That's the only thing I can think of to keep her in sight and safe yet still get my work done.
Doing the math, average weight of bale is 50 lbs. I figure I'll have to handle each bale at least twice, once throwing it off the wagon, and then carrying it into the barn and stacking it. Some will be handled three times, as I have to stack it high into the rafters to get it all to fit. So 140 bales x handling twice x 50 lbs....please send a masseur!

3 comments:

rilera said...

That turned out gorgeous! I love the look one gets with felting. The colors are wonderful.

dragonxser said...

lovely bag! Hope the hay stacking went well - I remember doing that when I was a kid - 50 pounds is a heavy enough bale!

CeltiaSkye said...

The bag turned out great! I liked both the unfelted and the felted versions.

My hay source doesn't deliver and I don't have a wagon, so I just go over there and load 6-8 bales in the back of my pickup every few weeks. I used to be a massage therapist so it's too bad we don't live closer to each other! :)