Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Enabling Continued

I said that I would show the results, good or bad. Bad, bad, bad!
I pulled out my "Spinning Designer Yarns" book, and discovered that I should have been adding the yarn bits in the plying stage. Ok, so I tried that.

It looks like something that should go into the compost pile, or has been pulled out of the compost pile. Ick.

So I turned to making a beaded yarn. I actually don't mind the color combination on this one. This was obviously a first attempt, so it didn't turn out so good.

The thing is, my sister really isn't a beaded yarn kind of person. Me either. I do appreciate an understated beaded fringe on a scarf or shawl though. If I thought the beads would really float her boat, I might find the patience needed to practice more and do it properly. But it wouldn't, so I won't.

I don't think I'm a novelty yarn kind of person either. Thick n thin is fine. Yarn with all kinds of stuff sticking out of it, not so much.

2 comments:

rilera said...

So you're not big into Fun Fur?? LOL

Annie said...

Robyn, stop the Muppet slaughter! :)