Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Greening

We have had quite a bit of rain the last few days. That's good, we really needed it. Today dawned downright foggy. It is amazing what some rain will do, we are greening up like mad!

The maples are sprouting miniature leaves,


and dainty little dresses.



So green!




Even the lichen on the tree looks greener today.


The flowering almond is about to burst too.


You didn't think I was done with the light show, did you?


Nope, not even close to being done.

I got my clipper blades back all sharp and shiny from the sharpening service. Let the shearing commence!


Tieck is not in the mood for shearing to commence. I haven't told her that she is about to make her first (ok, only) documentary appearance soon, do you think that might soften her up to the idea?

My friend Lori is a writer for a television magazine. That can be dangerous. You think you're just talking about the documentary, but then, well, shoot.

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Nice article, Ann!

cornbread hell said...

that is really cool, ann.
thanks.

Anonymous said...

As always, I'm blown away by your photos. Thanks for the escape!

Marissa said...

I love your blog, your amazing pictures, your Mom's art. I've been reading your blog for almost a year, and I always come away the better for it. Thank You! I can't wait to see the show!

Mama Pea said...

Annie, your photographs are stunning.

Looking forward to seeing the documentary.

rilera said...

Those are beautiful shots. I'm so glad that things are finally greening up around here. It was really noticeable today, green everywhere!

I hope Tieck survives her shearing.

Annie said...

Thanks everybody. Robyn, I hope I survive Tieck's shearing!

rilera said...

Annie, I just read your friend's article and it was wonderful.