Friday, September 18, 2009

Art of Alzheimer's

I have never been happier to post another installment in the Art of Alzheimer's series. Words cannot express my joy. Mom got out of bed this morning all by herself for the first time in over a month. She immediately headed to my desk, fooled around with the tape dispenser and the computer mouse, pretended she was going to write on me with a pen, then poked me with it instead, and just generally was her old self again. The other day she got up from the couch unassisted, twice. Yeehaw!

Mom found the perfect spot for her shaky egg.

(The installation was done on the tray, I just moved it to a window for better light. I try to take the photos where I find them, but since this one was contained on the tray, I did move it.)

9 comments:

Cindy said...

This is wonderful news, Annie. And, her art is still as captivating as ever.

Lynn said...

The window "treatment" lights it up which reflects your exuberance! There is symbolism in this one, too! So glad to see this message today!

Tracy Hudson said...

Excellent. I'm moved and happy to see the art.

rilera said...

Big smile :-)on my face for you and your mom.

Lily said...

Oh that's just wonderful on so many levels!

R.G.Sell said...

I've needed good news about something and this fits the bill. I'm happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!

Julia

Carol said...

That's great, I was hoping to see something new and I'm glad that she's got some energy.

Linda said...

You and your Mom's art inspire me. Thanks for sharing.