Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tale of Woe Revisited

Remember my Tale of Woe? Where I vowed I would take a wheel thrown pottery class?

Last night was the first class of eight. It was so fun! It reminded me of felting, where something magically emerges under your hands. A few manipulations, and like magic a bowl appears. So far, a bowl and a plate have been completed. No pictures yet, but I promise I will show all attempts, failures and successes.

With the class, we have free use of the studio, as long as there isn't a class going on. This could be dangerous. I have a feeling I'll be needing another bag of clay before too long.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I may have to share a picture of my $105 Raiku bowl;-P

foodhoe said...

how wonderful! I love clay and pottery but really couldn't manage to control things on the wheel...

rilera said...

I've always wanted to try that! Good for you, I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Lily said...

Did you have a hunk cuddling up behind you as you threw the clay to strains of Unchained Melody?