Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Now THAT'S a Flashlight



Look at the size of that thing! My sister must have tired of hearing me say "Yeah, I could hear there was something out there but I couldn't see it." Like when the Blessed Bovine was out and about. So she sent this to me for my birthday. I saw the box, and hoped that the picture on the outside was what was actually in it. In other words, she hadn't merely recycled the box and put something else in there. I can't wait for it to get dark tonight so I can see how far I can see with this monster.

Here, this might help. The flashlight on the left is the one I normally use, and is about a foot long. The one on the right? That is 5 million candle power right there, baby! I have no idea what that actually means, but it sounds impressive.

The neighbor was over yesterday and looked at the hayfield. We are going to do a third cutting. Now the question is when. We walk a fine line here, weighing the desire to let it grow a little longer so we can get more hay, versus the need to still have warm enough weather to get it to dry, and also leave enough time for it to regrow a bit for winter cover. I need to get out to the granary and try to find (make) more room to store it. My sister might take some for her animals, but I still need to keep it dry until she can come over to pick it up. If all else fails, we'll tarp it until she can come get it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh it's been wild times in the neighborhoods just south of me. There have been 3 drive by shootings in 4 days. Thankfully no fatalities, seems no one can actually aim the dang guns. So I seriously needed a 'farm fix'. Thank you so very kindly. Hay and Bovines. Great stuff.

JudyP613@yahoo.com

Cindy said...

That is the coolest flashlight I have ever seen. I love it. What a great gift. One more cutting? That is highly unusual, but welcome.

Anonymous said...

Flashlight?!? Looks like a SPOTLIGHT to me!! Love this - What a great gift, an a great Sis! :)

LostInColor said...

Thats like from the X-Files or something... I need to get me one of those! Another cutting of hay? Already??!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You will have to go out at night, and just have a look around. I suspect you could get some cool moths drawn to that "flame!"

Very wonderful gift!

And, serendipity strikes....a second cutting of hay means no hungry critters!

gr8aunt

Anonymous said...

Oh, please delay as long as you can! The bees are building up stores for the winter and even a day can help! I'm having flashlight envy........but, are you sure you want to see what is out there?????

MJ said...

size DOES matter :-)