Friday, November 7, 2008

A light dusting of accumulation


That's what the forecast was for this morning.

I'd say there is at least an inch already, and it is still snowing off and on. Oh well.


It looks nice, anyway.


I finished up another pair of socks last night. Except for weaving in the ends, that is.




It was nice having some color after knitting with gray for a good long while. Some of you may recognize them, I started them long long ago. Knitting on them again, it brought back the scent of Jasmine (at least I think that is what it was, a little white spiky flower) and the sound of doves and laughter of friends old and new. The last time I knit on them was in Rick's family's back yard.

The yarn was spun on the shores of a lake surrounded by friends, on a weekend when I really needed them. With all the memories spun and knit into these socks, they are mine. All mine.

Try that with a pair of socks from Whatever Mart.




12 comments:

Olga said...

I love the snow flakes on the knit fabric- that was beautiful.

Lori1955 said...

Love the color of the socks! Of course we don't need those in California. It's still in the 80's here.

cornbread hell said...

memory socks. awesome.

Mama Pea said...

It has been said that parts of our lives are sewn into each quilt we make. I know I've found that to be true with ones I've made. And from your post, Annie, I see the same thing happens with a knitted piece. Each time you put these socks on, it will be like opening a box of memories.

Your last picture of the magnified snowflakes is amazing. That one has got to be used for one of your cards.

rilera said...

Gorgeous colors and great memories evoked everytime you put them on.

Hey! There the Alz Association colors! Memory socks!

Annie said...

Memory socks in the Alz Association colors, I never thought of that!

I was thinking that last one might need to go on a card too.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it when the snowflakes actually "look" like snowflakes! That doesn't happen often, here in Maryland. Our flakes are usually the wet and heavy slushy type. But, when we do get those magic crisp flakes, I marvel at each and every one as they land on the sleeve of my coat.

A card picture for SURE!! :-)
~Amanda (gr8aunt)

Mare said...

LOVE those socks and love the photos too!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos - both the leaves and the snowflakes on the socks!

Cindy said...

Warm feet and heart. That's what knitting gives us. Each stitch a prayer, each project a memory. Have a warm dry weekend.

Joan@CopperCreeker said...

I love snow. I think my favorite pic is the leaves with the snow. Beautiful!

LostInColor said...

I love the snowflake picture! and the color of those socks too.